Disclaimer: Please note the use of these procedures is entirely at your own risk.
Make sure you have familiarised yourself with all the steps before trying it.
If you need assistance, please call me during office hours on 0638224941.
If you're confident you've got this, proceed:
- Download the file: spec database upgrade.
- Open your Downloads folder in Windows.
- Find the DB-2.zip file and extract using suitable software.
- You can use 7zip for this.
- Place the new DB folder on the desktop for quick access.
- If the software was downloaded from another pc other than the Alignment system, then copy the extracted DB folder to a flash drive.
- NB: please run a virus scanner on the flash drive before transferring on to the Aligner!
- Close Alignment program.
- Right click V3DAligner icon on desktop.
- Select ‘open file location’. This will open the ‘Aligner folder’.
- Please find and Rename current ‘DB ‘folder to ‘DBold’ or something similar.
- NB: This will allow you the ability to restore the old files in case the process goes wrong.
- Do not follow the next step unless step 9 has been completed!
- Open flashdrive in new window.
- Copy ‘DB’ folder from the flash drive and insert into ‘Aligner’ folder . As per step 8.
- Close all windows and restart V3D Aligner program.
Disclaimer: Please note the use of these procedures is entirely the customer's own risk. Please make sure you have familiarised yourself with all the steps before trying it. If you need assistance, please call me during office hours on 0638224941